Thursday, February 14, 2013

Return

Today's word is return. This took me a bit to come up with something. Finally I settled on a picture of my front door. I like to travel, but when I'm on my return trip there is nothing more exciting than the sight of my front door. It means that I have made it back. I am home. I can kick my feet up and relax, take a shower, lay in my bed, play my guitars, etc. 

Lent is supposed to be a season of return and renewal. When I return to my house I am free to be me. I'm no longer limited to the clothes that I packed or what was in my car (or more often my saddle bags) It is the same when we return to God we are set free. Anything that was binding us or limiting us is gone we can be comfortable. Not that we should stop doing things and become stagnant, but we don't have to work to be accepted. We can be ourselves and are free to realize our full potential. Sometimes when I first get back from a trip I still live out of my suitcase. Sometimes when we return we still live with the restrictions we have gotten so used to working with. Remember that we have the whole wardrobe (and guitar rack! :-D) available to us once we've come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment